The test over Word and PowerPoint will be on Monday, December 9 (9:00 section) or Thursday, December 12 (8:00 section). Test is from 8:00 to 9:50.
· Another way to find things on the Internet: the Wolfram Knowledge Engine
· Sioux City Weather. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Employers want students to know Office: Skills needed in the workplace, 2014-2020
· Sample file. Budget, addition table, loan payment table.
· Absolute/Mixed cell references: Interest Calculator. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Sample file.
· Formulas: Commissions. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Getting <window>+<tab> to work: choose Aero
· Formatting: Invoice. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Quiz over Windows keyboard shortcuts (8:00 to 8:05)
· Using the Internet: Internet Resources
· Web scavenger hunt. Either (1) print the Word document and hand-write your answers, or (2) insert your answers into the Word document and print it. Hand in a hard copy.
· Get Office:
1. Buy Office 365 University. $80 for 4 years but don’t buy it until you’re a senior!
2. Download a 1-month free trial.
3. Free online version with SkyDrive.
· How secure is your password? Check it.
· Class policies for assignments and tests (print a hard copy, READ, sign, and bring to next class).
· Memorize Windows keyboard shortcuts (nothing to hand in) in preparation for a quiz next class. The quiz will begin promptly at the class starting time.