test (over Word and PowerPoint) will be:
8:00 class: Monday, May 11, 8:00 to 9:50 9:00 class: Thursday, May 14, 8:00 to 9:50 10:00 class: Friday, May 15, 10:00 to 11:50
All students are expected to take the final at the time scheduled for their class. Make travel plans accordingly.
Last day to drop: April 10.
· Getting Office: Office 365 University is now free.
· Free online version with SkyDrive.
· How secure is your password? Check it.
· Class policies for assignments and tests (print a hard copy, READ, sign, and bring to next class).
· Memorize Windows keyboard shortcuts (nothing to hand in) in preparation for a quiz next class. The quiz will begin promptly at the class starting time.
· Quiz over Windows keyboard shortcuts (8:00 to 8:05)
· Using the Internet: Internet Resources
· Web scavenger hunt. Either (1) print the Word document and hand-write your answers, or (2) insert your answers into the Word document and print it. Hand in a hard copy.
· Getting <window>+<tab> to work: choose Aero
· Formatting: WKRP. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Sample file.
· Formulas: NFL Top Passers. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Employers want students to know Office: Skills needed in the workplace, 2015-2020
· Sample file. Budget, addition table, loan payment table.
· Absolute/Mixed cell references: Budget. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Another way to find things on the Internet: the Wolfram Knowledge Engine
· Sorting and filtering: Football. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.
· Charts. Deposit a digital copy in the drop box.